Solved – the proper name for a backward forecast

Suppose in time series you have the data in a recent period and you would like to use that data to extrapolate backward to get estimates of the time series back in time. What do you call that? ? Extrapolating forward is forecast, so hindcast?

Backcast, although I have seen hindcast as well.

Similar Posts:

Rate this post

Leave a Comment