I'm currently experimenting with different regression techniques on this data set that I have, and I some sources state a method called "polynomial regression". I looked it up and I can't really find any clear explanation of what it is exactly. It sounds quite similar to linear regression – can anyone tell me the difference (if any)?
Polynomial regression is a form of linear regression where higher order powers (2nd, 3rd or higher) of an independent variable are included.
- Solved – the difference between a non-linear kernel and a polynomial kernel in SVM
- Solved – Polynomial in linear regression
- Solved – When is it better to use Multiple Linear Regression instead of Polynomial Regression
- Solved – Assumptions needed for multiple linear regression
- Solved – Linear regression optimization