There was already a request for Mathematical Statistics Videos, but it explicitly asked from people for
videos that provide a rigorous
mathematical presentation of
statistics. i.e., videos that might
accompany a course that use a textbook
mentioned in this discussion on…
So at the same time I am wondering, what recommendation do you have for stat/prob – 101 – video courses?
I think a number of the suggestions put forward on the mathematical statistics video question probably fall in the stats 101 category:
- http://www.khanacademy.org/#Statistics: series of short videos on introductory statistics
- http://www.khanacademy.org/#Probability: series of short videos on introductory probability
- Math and probability for life sciences: A whole university course introducing statistics and probability.
- I also have a list of maths and statistics videos with a few others.
The Stat 579 Videos on statistical computing in R are also quite good:
- Factor & reshaping data
- Debugging & data aggregation
- Data aggregation & maps
- Data aggregation & maps (copy?)
- LaTeX and Sweave
- Random numbers, basic Simulations
- Permutations & data from the web
- Text & Patterns