I would like to use matlab to build a logistic regression model which includes both categorical and continuous predictors. But first of all, I would like to figure out the comprehensive theory(the assumptions, analysis, etc) behind such model. Could anyone please suggest the best reference book for logistic regression model. I got some background in linear regression analysis.
Hosmer and Lemeshow's (later eds. also Sturdivant) Applied Logistic Regression
I cannot say that it is the best book though, because I have not read others on logistic regression. It think it is a standard work though.
- Solved – When to use linear discriminant function and when logistic regression?
- Solved – Need help determining sample size for logistic regression
- Solved – How to find correlation if we have continuous and categorical variables present in the dataset as features and target is again binary
- Solved – classification of multiple outcomes with categorical and continuous predictors
- Solved – the connection (if any) and difference between logistic regression and survival analysis