Let's say, I have 100 students, each of them have 2 scores: reading score and writing score, so basically I will have 2 vectors with the length of each is 100.
I want to test the distribution of reading score and writing score are the same or not, so I want to use Kolmogorov-Smirnov test, but is it okay to run the test with dependent data?
the Kolmogorov-Smirnov test is only to be used if the samples are independent. However, here you can find a script that does the job in form of a permutation test (in R).
- Solved – 2 Sample Kolmogorov-Smirnov vs. Anderson-Darling vs Cramer-von-Mises
- Solved – Kolmogorov-Smirnov two-sample $p$-values
- Solved – Kolmogorov–Smirnov test vs. t-test
- Solved – Explain the meaning of $alpha$ in a Kolmogorov-Smirnov two-sample test
- Solved – multiple-sample version or alternative to the Kolmogorov-Smirnov Test