I have a dataset with monthly temperatures for 4 different years and I would like to test if they are significantly different between the years. As I collected the data for different sites I wondered if there were some possibility to perform the calculation at once or if I have to repeat it for each site. I am using the statistical software R.
Alternatively, can you indicate me some way to plot this?
My data look like this (I have some missing values):
> head(MeanTemp) Site Year Month Temp 1 1 2008 January NA 2 1 2008 February NA 3 1 2008 March NA 4 1 2008 April NA 5 1 2008 May 16.22594 6 1 2008 June 18.53764
Thank you very much
I very much doubt that the differences will be statistically significant, as there is a lot of inter-annual variability in temperatures (especially for station level data), so you will need large deviations for a statistically significant difference from a small sample of measurements. Essentially the statistical power of the test is likely to be so low that the test is not useful.
Can you give some explanation of the purpose of the study? What hypothesis are you investigating?
- Solved – Statistical comparisons between large data sets
- Solved – How to determine if there is a drop in revenue after a change in the system
- Solved – What stats tests can be used to find whether the increase/decrease in counts yearly are difference statistically
- Solved – How to test relationship between categorical and numerical variables
- Solved – Interpret significant predictor in non-significant regression?